With the support of the European Union’s Creative Europe programme, for the next 2 years the European Media Art Platform expands its residency program to residencies in 16 countries. We offer residencies for artists, artist duos, collectives or other artistic collaborations working in the fields of digital art, media art, and bio-art. As a new feature to the EMAP residency programme we have introduced the "collaboration" component. Applicants are expected to include a proposal for a collaboration in their application.
European artists, or collectives can apply with a project proposal for a residency of two months within March to October 2023. The artists will be collaborating with a person of their choice or a person local to the host institution:
- Antre Peaux, Bourges, France
- Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria
- Creative Industry Košice, Košice, Slovakia
- gnration, Braga, Portugal
- iMAL Brussels, Belgium
- IMPAKT [Centre for Media Culture], Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Kersnikova Institute (Kapelica Gallery), Ljubljana, Slovenia
- KONTEJNER | bureau of contemporary art praxis, Zagreb, Croatia
- LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Gijón, Spain
- m-cult, Helsinki, Finland
- NeMe Arts Centre, Limassol, Cyprus
- Onassis Stegi, Athens, Greece
- RIXC Centre for New Media Culture, Riga, Latvia
- Werkleitz-Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany
- WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland
- Special Host Organisation: Hexagram Montréal, Canada
Aritsts should apply to the whole consortium and indicate the order of their preferred locations.
The residency includes:
- an invitation to the kick-off conference in Athens 8th – 9th of March 2023
- a grant of €4,000 for the applying artist(s) including subsistence costs
- a grant of €2,000 for collaborating artist(s)
- a project budget of €4,000
- accommodation provided by the host organization
- travel expenses up to €1,000
- free access to technical facilities and/or media labs of the host institution.
It also includes a professional presentation and the option to participate in exhibition tours at EMAP members’ festivals/exhibitions in 2023-2024, plus the possibility to get exhibited by EMAP partner institutions.
Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio)-visual documentation of previous works, and a preliminary plan and presentation of the proposed project to be developed within the EMAP Residencies programme. Collaborating artists do not have to be decided at the time of submission.
Applicants must be EU residents or taxpayers in an EU member country.
Undergraduate and Master students are not eligible but PhD candidates are accepted. Emerging artists, regardless of age and academic degree, are encouraged to apply.
Please read the FAQ section for your questions!
General information about EMAP: www.emare.eu
Deadline for Applications: November 30th, 2022, 23:59 CET