The European Media Art Network offers residencies for Media Artists in the fields of digital media including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound or video.
Artists with European residence or a European passport can apply for a two-months residency at one of the following institutions:
- IMPAKT, Utrecht, Netherlands http://www.impakt.nl
- Bandits Mages, Bourges, France http://www.bandits-mages.com
- FACT, Liverpool, United Kingdom http://www.fact.co.uk
- HeK (House of Electronic Arts Basel), Basel, Switzerland http://www.hek.ch
- Werkleitz Centre for Media Arts, Halle, Germany http://werkleitz.de
Students are not permitted, but young artists are encouraged to apply. However, there is no age limit! EMARE includes a grant of 2.500,- Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 250,- Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within the host institution and a professional presentation.
Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio)-visual documentation and a preliminary plan or sketch of the proposed project to be developed within the EMARE programme.
Artists with residence in, or an identity card originating within, Europe can submit their proposals here: www.emare.eu / call.emare.eu
Deadline for Applications: 4th of July 2016, 12.00 Central European Time (after which time the section of the website will be closed).
- In order to apply for an EMARE residency online, you need to register with this website.
- If you have not yet registered, you can do so by following the "Register" link above.
- Once you have completed registration, you will be assigned a personal log-in account, through which you can access the online application form.
- Your application is stored online in the ‘My submissions’ section of your account, where it is available for you to edit any time up until the deadline: 4th of July 2016 (after that the section of the website will be closed).
- Please note that it is permissible to submit more than one application via your personal log-in.